Today's Date:

Licensure Information
Licensee Lookup
Licensure with the Board

Applications and Forms
Renew Your License
Change Your Address
Application status
Print copy of your license

Related Links

Complaint/Board Order Information
Board Orders
File a Complaint
What Can I Expect When a Complaint is Filed Against Me?

Board Information/Laws and Policies
FOIA Requests
Board Members
Board Meeting Calendar

Contact Us

Telephone: (803) 896-4408

Lenora Addison-Miles

Alice DeBorde
Program Coordinator I

Donnell Jennings
Advice Counsel to the Board

**The Office of Advice Counsel is responsible for
providing legal advice to all Boards, Commissions
and Panels, as well as their administrative staff.
These attorneys do not provide legal advice to
parties outside LLR.

Board of Architectural Examiners

Instructions for Completion of Application by Reinstatement if Originally Licensed by Reciprocity with NCARB

Because your registration was initially granted by NCARB Council Certificate, the Board requires an updated NCARB Council Record.

1. In order to reinstate your S.C. license, please complete the Board's Reinstatement Application and submit it directly to the Board office accompanied with the $190 application/registration fee, made payable to LLR -­ Board of Architecture.  Proof of obtaining twenty‑four (24) hours of continuing education in health, safety and welfare topics must also accompany this application.  Mail your application and fee to the S. C. Board office. S.C. Board of Architectural Examiners Post Office Box 11419 110 Centerview Drive (29210) Columbia, S.C. 29211-1419

2. Contact the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) and have your Council Record transmitted electronically to the Board Office by clicking on "My NCARB” and following  the instructions for record transmittal.  3. Upon review of your Council Record and S.C. application, we will notify you of approval.
If you have any questions regarding reinstatement, please contact Alice DeBorde, Administrative Assistant, at (803) 896-4408 or e-mail  



Pursuant to Section 40-3-270 of the South Carolina Architectural Registration Law, firms engaged in the practice of architecture must register with this Board.

Only an architect practicing in his or her own name (who does not employ another architect) is exempt from this requirement. For example, John Doe, Architect, would not be required to register as a firm. However, John Doe, Architects, or John Doe Associates, or Doe Associates or similar firm names would be required to register as an architectural firm.

To license your company, see firm instructions and applications.

Synergy Business Park; Kingstree Building
110 Centerview Dr.
Columbia, S.C. 29210
(803) 896-4300 | Office Hours: 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.

Directions | Site Map | Privacy | Disclaimer | Customer Satisfaction Survey | Contact Us | Other Languages
Report State Agency Fraud (Office of the Inspector General)

The S.C. Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is pleased to provide various publications in portable document format (PDF).
You will need Adobe Reader to view and print these publications.