Today's Date:

Licensure Information
Licensee Lookup
Licensure with the Board
Applications and Forms
Renew Your License
Change Your Address
Application status
Print copy of your license

Related Links

Complaint/Board Order Information
Board Orders
File a Complaint
What Can I Expect When a Complaint is Filed Against Me?

Board Information/Laws and Policies
FOIA Requests
Board Members
Board Meeting Calendar

Contact Us

Telephone: (803) 896-4686

Roger K. Lowe

Rhonda Jackson
Program Coordinator

Melissa Burroughs
Program Assistant

Faith Howell
Administrative Assistant

Chanda Davis
Administrative Assistant

Lee English
Administrative Assistant

Carol Paquet
Administrative Assistant

Georgia Lewis
Advice Counsel to the Board

**The Office of Advice Counsel is responsible for
providing legal advice to all Boards, Commissions
and Panels, as well as their administrative staff.
These attorneys do not provide legal advice to
parties outside LLR.

South Carolina Contractor's Licensing Board

Revisions to an Existing License

To make changes to an existing license, complete a Revision Application, Document 180 and follow the instructions for the type of revision you are requesting. There is no fee for revisions. The following is a list of changes that require a Revision Application with additional information below:

  • To upgrade dollar limitation per contract
  • To add or transfer a qualifier to your license
  • To delete a qualifier from your license
  • To add new/additional classifications to your license
  • To change your business name (see conditions below)
  • To change corporate officers
  • Address and/or telephone number changes
  • Request to make a license number inactive


Submit the Revision Application along with the correct type of financial statement. The type of financial statement required to initially upgrade a license is not the same as what is required with renewals. See the type of financial statement that is required for each upgrade here at Financial Statement Requirements.

To add a qualifier or add a classification:

The qualifier must take and pass a technical exam (if required). The qualifier must also take and pass the SC Code of Laws Take Home exam (Document 170). Follow the instructions on the application to add a new qualifier.

If the qualifier (1) has already taken and passed the technical exam, (2) transferring from another license, or (3) a waiver applicant, complete the Revision Application, Document 180 and following the instructions on adding a qualifier or adding a classification.

To delete a qualifying party:
Submit the Revision Application, Document 180 listing the qualifying party's name, social security number and the date he/she left the company. An owner/president /partner/authorized representative must sign this notification. You may fax the notification to (803) 896-4814 or mail it to our address.

To change licensed name:
A change in name for an LLC or a corporation requires an amended charter from the Secretary of State. The amended charter must be included with the Revision Application, Document 180. (Not required of a sole proprietorship)

If the federal identification number has changed or the "style of business” has changed (i.e. from a sole proprietorship to a corporation), you cannot use the Revision Application. You must complete a New Application, Document 165. The new application must be accompanied by a financial statement on the new entity, and the license fee for the new license.

To request Inactive status:
Licensee - The owner/president, partner, or authorized representative of a license can submit a written request to the board to request Inactive status. Licensees in an Inactive status cannot bid, offer, negotiate or perform work over $5,000.

Qualifying Party - A qualifying party can submit a written request to the board for their qualifications to be placed on Inactive status and/or request to be deleted as a qualifying party from a specific company.

To Reactivate License:
Inactive/Lapsed Licensee - Submit an Initial Application, Document 165 with a current financial statement and fee.

Qualifying Party Reactivation - A qualifying party can reactivate their qualifications by doing one of the following:

  • Reactivate with a lapsed/inactive S.C. licensed entity or apply with a new entity by submitting a New Application, Document 165 with a current financial statement and fee, or
  • Add your qualifications to a current S.C. licensed entity by submitting a Revision Application, Document 180 , and follow the instructions on adding a qualifying party.

Synergy Business Park; Kingstree Building
110 Centerview Dr.
Columbia, S.C. 29210
(803) 896-4300 | Office Hours: 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.

Directions | Site Map | Privacy | Disclaimer | Customer Satisfaction Survey | Contact Us | Other Languages
Report State Agency Fraud (Office of the Inspector General)

The S.C. Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is pleased to provide various publications in portable document format (PDF).
You will need Adobe Reader to view and print these publications.