Molly Price Theresa Garner Georgia Lewis
Listed below are the instructions for applying for registration as a forester. The application and other necessary forms can found on this website under Applications and Forms.
In order to be eligible for registration as a South Carolina Forester, applicants must have successfully passed the examination, have their six years experience approved by the Board OR have a Bachelors Degree or more in forestry and completed the two-years of experience under a professional forester. When submitting an application to the Board Office, the requirements are as follows:
(1) Complete the Forester Application in its entirety, including Affidavit of Eligibility form. Application must include notarized signature.
(2) Obtain a check or postal money order in the amount of $180 ($130 two-year registration fee and $50 application fee). Fees are prorated for applications received after April 1 of the year prior to renewal (2008, 2010, etc). Prorated fee is $115.
(3) If applicant is a graduate of an approved forestry school, attach copy of school diploma to application. Also, applicant must submit proof of completion of two-years of experience acceptable to the Board.
(4) Along with the application, applicants must submit a criminal history conviction record from the State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) or equivalent agency located in the applicant's resident state.
(5) If applicable, applicants must complete the Escrow/Trust Account Certification Affidavit and have it notarized. (Applicable only to foresters who hold monies belonging to others.)
(6) Applicant must complete the top portion only of the Employment Verification, Professional/Personal Reference and Verification of Licensure forms. Send these forms to the individuals or entities that will complete the forms, and forward them to our office.
Mail the required materials to:
South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
Board of Registration for Foresters
Post Office Box 11329
Columbia, South Carolina 29211-1329
YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNTIL THE ENTIRE PACKET IS COMPLETED.