Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
A Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology license must be renewed biennially. Licenses expire on March 1 of the second year. Completed renewal requests accompanied by the appropriate fee must be postmarked on or before that to avoid the assessment of a late fee. The license renewal fee is $220 for all active categories. The renewal fee for inactive licenses is $100. Requests for renewals will not be processed without the appropriate fee. (See fee schedule).
A category request at the time of renewal must be accompanied by appropriate documentation.
1) A Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology intern license may only be renewed for one twelve-month period for the purpose of completing the supervised professional employment.
2) Renewals postmarked later than 5 p.m. on March 31, will be considered late and will have a $50 delinquency fee assessed.
3) Failure to renew by the March 31 deadline renders the license invalid.
4) Un-licensed practice is a violation of the Licensure Act for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
5) A renewal request not postmarked before May 1 only may be reinstated upon receipt of an application for licensure submitted under the license requirements and accompanied by the biennial license fee and reinstatement fee.